2001 JUNE 13-19 ISSUES
Fiasco over Foreign Minister Reveals Koizumi Cabinet in Awe of the U.S.
The Koizumi Cabinet is just another LDP cabinet which proclaims its position of maintaining the Japan-U.S. alliance as the axis of Japan's foreign relations.
Disposal of Bad loans to Abandon the Key Players of Japan's Economy?
The Koizumi government does not care for medium- and small-sized businesses which are at risk.
Article 9: Defend or Break?
Differences between political parties on the question of the Constitution have become clearer in local hearings.
2001 JUNE 13-19 CONTENTS
* Fiasco over Foreign Minister reveals Koizumi Cabinet in awe of the U.S.
* LDP politics without capacity to decide on Japan's foreign policy
'Secret state funds'
* Foreign ministry shuts access to 'secret' funds documents
* Foreign minister sued over 'secret' fund documents
*Aichi scholars discuss Asian history and education
*War survivors association starts campaign to block the rightist school textbook
* Focal points surfacing on Constitution's Article 9: defend or break
* JCP sees panel's judicial reform proposal as lacking in democracy
* Koizumi says small businesses may not survive
*Disposal of bad loans to dump the key players of Japan's economy?
* Karoshi ombudsman group launched in Osaka
* JCP TOTO branch talks with management to end unpaid overtime
* Symposium on Mitsubishi Motors restructuring plan
* Court recognizes Toyota employee's death as work-related suicide
* Education law revision to dismiss 'inappropriate' teachers faces growing criticism
* Governor calls for withdrawal of air space over Iwakuni under U.S. control
* Hibakusha Aid Law must be applied to overseas A-bomb survivors
* A-bomb survivors denounce government appeal to higher court
* JCP speech assemblies have great success throughout Japan
* Progressive candidate backed by JCP puts up good fight in Chiba
* Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly election starts
* Give top priority to measures for elderly: Tokyoites in survey
* JCP Shii talks with China's Foreign Ministry official