2003 JUNE 18 - JUNE 24 NEWS
'IRAQ LAW' IS FOR ASSISTING IN OCCUPATION IN THE AFTERMATH OF LAWLESS WAR
The bill, if enacted, will send the Self-Defense Forces to assist in the U.S.-British military occupation of Iraq aimed at establishing a regime loyal to the United States.
GUARANTEE BASIC LABOR RIGHTS TO GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
The Japanese government is urged to revise the relevant domestic laws in accordance with the ILO "principle of freedom of association" which guarantees rights of organization and collective bargaining.
DISCUSSION OF REVISED JCP PROGRAM BEGINS
The Japanese Communist Party Central Committee Plenum approved the draft of the revised JCP Program which will be adopted at the JCP 23rd Congress in November.
* Task now is to foil Iraq law (June 18)
* SDF to refuel U.S. forces in Iraq (June 19)
* We oppose 'Iraq Law' because it is aimed at assisting in military occupation that is product of lawless war: JCP Chair (June 20)
* High school students say no to sending SDF to Iraq (June 20)
* Pro-Constitution opinion prevails in local hearing (June 21)
* Israeli and Palestinian victims' families pray for peace with Japanese Buddhists (June 20)
* Japan Peace committee convention resolves to foil implementing war laws (June 23)
* Okinawans renew wishes for peace without foreign military bases as they remember battle of Okinawa (June 24)
* U.S. marine arrested for rape (June 19)
* Mayor rejects construction of new U.S. Navy hospital (June 20)
* Oki paid workers 70 million yen as unpaid overtime (June 18)
* Zenroren union leaders discuss fight against wage cuts (June 19)
* Teachers union protest refusal on use of city hall (June 19)
* Tokyo's 21,000 corporate employees paid 2.2 billion yen in back pay for overtime work (June 20)
Government's empty promise of job creation -- Akahata editorial, June 21
* ILO advises for discrimination against JR members be settled fairly (June 21)
Guarantee basic labor rights to government employees -- Akahata editorial, June 24 (excerpts)
* Heavier tax and other burdens likely to be forced on people (June 18)
* Government bill hides most corporate donation in the dark (June 24)
* JCP CC 7th Plenum approves draft revised JCP Program (June 24)
* Fuwa explains proposal for revised JCP program (June 23)
* Fuwa: Three points on draft revised Program (June 24)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.