SDF dispatch to Iraq will only deepen contradictions -- Akahata editorial, July 29
2003 JULY 23 - JULY 29 NEWS
STRUGGLE WILL BE DIRECTED AT PREVENTING SDF FROM GOING TO IRAQ
The law to send the SDF to Iraq has been enacted but practical preparations are needed before SDF troops leave for Iraq.
JOB SECURITY FOR YOUNG PEOPLE IS CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY
JCP Chair Shii Kazuo urged the government to take steps to secure jobs for young people, citing the irresponsibility of major corporations.
JCP CC CHAIR ATTENDS TUNISIAN GOVERNING PARTY CONGRESS
The Japanese Communist Party in a message to the Congress of Tunisia's Democratic Constitutional Party expressed warm solidarity with the governing party of the north African country.
LEGISLATION TO SEND TROOPS TO IRAQ
* SDF dispatch law must be foiled: JCP Yoshioka (July 23)
* Opposition parties propose vote of censure against cabinet members (July 25)
* High school students go to parliament (July 25)
* Ruling coalition forcibly enact SDF dispatching bill (July 26)
* Shii: Let's focus our effort on not letting SDF go (July 26)
* Iraq-SDF bill points a gun at Iraqi people (July 26)
* Ordinary Diet session ends (July 29)
* Koizumi Cabinet's abnormal submission to U.S. and indifference to public needs: JCP Shii (July 26)
It's nothing less than bribery -- Akahata editorial, July 28
* Meeting to review working conditions held (July 23)
* Former national railway workers need to be reinstated after 17 years' discrimination (July 23)
* Labor counselors have dealt with 4,483 complaint cases this year (July 24)
* JCP chair calls for job security for young people as corporate responsibility (July 24)
* 7th sit-in calling for minimum hourly wage of 1,000 yen (July 25)
* Loan firm pays workers 3.5 billion yen in back pay for 2 years (July 29)
* Over 30,000 commit suicide for five consecutive years (July 25)
* Government agricultural policy allows large corporations to rule rice market (July 28)
* Okinawa legislators urge Diet to work to review Japan-U.S. Status of Forces Agreement (July 24)
* JCP Ogata talks with Palestinian human rights director (July 23)
* JCP Ogata speaks at ASEAN-Japan Exchange Year 2003 Symposium (July 24)
* Fuwa attends congress of Tunisian ruling party (July 29)
Message to the congress of the democratic constitutional rally of Tunisia
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.