2003 JULY 30 - AUGUST 1NEWS (Partly aug. 5)
COLD-BLOODED POLITICS IS INCREASING SUICIDE
At a time when unemployment deprives people of the means of subsistence and drives them to death, Koizumi politics is cold-blooded in encouraging further corporate restructuring and reducing unemployment benefits.
THE MORE 'KOIZUMI REFORM', THE MORE DISTRESS FOR PEOPLE
The economy has been caught in a vicious circle because the government with its "structural reform" policy has been assisting corporate restructuring and changed for the worse the social services system and the taxation system.
WORLD CONFERENCE AGAINST A & H BOMBS ADOPTS DECLARATION
The International Meeting of the 2003 World Conference against A & H Bombs in Hiroshima called for achieving a world without nuclear weapons and wars by the common action of governments and movements.
2003 WORLD CONFERENCE
* International Meeting of World Conference against A and H Bombs calls for a world without nuclear weapons and war (August 6)
* Declaration of International Meeting (August 6)
* List of overseas participants list
(Detailed reports on the 2003 World Conference will appear in the Aug. 23 issue)
* Hibakusha go to court for truth
* Government ignores protests
* US Navy LST with nuclear weapons deployed to Iwakuni in 1960s (August 1)
The more 'Koizumi reform', the more distress for people -- Akahata editorial, July 30 (excerpts)
Cold-blooded politics is increasing suicide -- Akahata editorial, July 31
* 35,000 workers get back pay of 4.1 billion yen for overtime work (July 31)
ARMS BUILDUP ADVOCATES
* 'Divine nation' and revivalism (July 28)
* U.S. sailor arrested for jewel robbery (July 30)
* JCP and citizens encouraging victims of Miyagi earthquake (July 30)
* JCP CC Chair Fuwa meets with Tunisian ruling party leaders (August 1)
* JCP Fuwa talks with CPC delegate in Tunis (August 1)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.