2003 OCTOBER 1 - OCTOBER 7 NEWS
DON'T BE AT U.S. BECK AND CALL IN SENDING SDF TO IRAQ
Japanese Communist Party Executive Committee Chair Shii Kazuo used his House of Representatives Budget Committee questioning on October 1st to expose the government plan to hastily dispatch the Self-Defense Forces to Iraq.
FUWA CALLS FOR CLEAR VOTER CHOICE IN THE COMING GENERAL ELECTION
There is an important difference between opposition parties over how to defend peace and livelihood from the ruling parties which must be distinguished by voters.
WORLD WANTS WAR-RENOUNCING ARTICLE 9 DEFENDED
Students at the University of California, Berkeley, said to JCP lawmaker Yamaguchi Tomio that they were impressed by his lecture on the war-renouncing Article 9 of Japan's Constitution.
* Don't be at U.S. beck and call in sending SDF to Iraq: JCP Shii (October 2)
How far does Japan go with the U.S.? -- Akahata editorial, October 3 (Excerpts)
* Bill to extend Anti-Terrorism Special Measures Law railroaded through Lower House (October 4)
* Dispatching SDF doesn't help root out terrorism: Shii (October 4)
* War cannot do away with terrorism (October 7)
* Japanese ambassador sacked for criticizing Iraq War (October 1)
* Increase jobs to revive economy: JCP Ichida in Upper House (October 1)
* Koizumi has no hesitation in receiving corporate donations (October 2)
* JCP blames government for bad management of pension fund (October 3)
* DPJ considers higher consumption tax rate (October 3)
* World wants war-renouncing Article 9 defended: JCP Yamaguchi (Ocotber 3)
* JCP files libel suit against major broadcaster (October 1)
*LDP involvement in anti-JCP book comes to light (October 4)
* 18,000 people rally for political change and no major tax increase (October 6)
* Court orders Tokyo to stop seizing land for a new motorway (October 4)
NUCLEAR WEAPONS ABOLITION
* Doctors hold anti-nuclear international conference (October 6)
Japanese government must not evade responsibility for damage caused by poison gas weapons -- Akahata editorial, October 5
* Fuwa attends reception for China's founding anniversary (October 1)
* JCP representative to attend OIC Summit as guest (October 2)
* JCP Ogata visits Malaysian ambassador (October 7)
* Shii talks with Cuban CP Political Bureau member (October 6)
* Fuwa calls for clear voter choice in the coming general election (October 2)
* JCP prefectural committee chairpersons meet for its advance in general election (October 6)
* Text: Resolution of the JCP 23rd Congress (Draft) - 3rd installment
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.