2003 OCTOBER 22 - OCTOBER 28 NEWS
VOTE JCP ON NOV. 9
The Japanese Communist Party appeal published at the start of campaigning for the Lower House general election stated, 'There would be no political change without ending subservience to business circles and to the United States.'
LDP'S SUBMISSION TO U.S. IS A CAUSE OF JAPAN'S ISOLATION
Japan, which is bound by its military alliance with the United States, has isolated itself from the rest of the world. This was brought to light in recent international conferences.
JAPAN'S HIDDEN UNEMPLOYMENT
The government statistics indicate that the unemployment rate is falling, but there is a sharp increase in the number of people who give up seeking jobs due to a scarcity of jobs they are looking for.
* Vote JCP on Nov. 9 (October 28)
* No political change without ending subservience to business circles and to the U.S. (October 28)
* JCP Fuwa: public works projects must benefit people's living conditions (October 22)
* Widespread moves against use of tax money for political parties (October 23)
* 600 million yen donation to LDP turns into 3-billion yen tax cut (October 27)
Let U.N. guide in supporting Iraq's reconstruction -- Akahata editorial, October 26
NUCLEAR WEAPONS ABOLITION
* Gensuikyo brings to U.N. signatures in braille for nuclear weapons abolition (October 25)
JAPAN-U.S. MILITARY ALLIANCE
* Stop 'night landing practice' at Atsugi! (October 22)
LDP's submission to the United States is a cause of Japan's isolation -- Akahata editorial, October 23
* Residents and JCP urge mayor to oppose plan for U.S. military housing units (October 23)
* Farmers indignant at Koizumi's remarks (October 24)
End unpaid overtime work, get the work of humanity back -- Akahata editorial, October 22
* 36 % of businesses surveyed reprimanded for unpaid overtime (October 24)
* Hitachi to abolish annual wage increase system (October 24)
* Japan's hidden unemployment (October 25)
* Tokyo schools ordered to follow stricter 'Hinomaru' 'Kimigayo' instructions (October 24)
* Mitsubishi Motors investigated for fatal product design (October 25)
JCP 23rd Congress Resolution (Draft) (6th & final installment)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.