2003 NOVEMBER 12 - NOVEMBER 18 NEWS
SENDING TROOPS TO IRAQ DESPITE THE CLEAR DANGER?
Sending the SDF to Iraq is aimed at helping in the war of aggression and has nothing to do with helping in Iraq's reconstruction.
TWO-PARTY SYSTEM DISCARDS PUBLIC WISHES
Touting a "two-party system" as an ideal political structure and flattering the LDP and DPJ, both supporting revisions of the Constitution, the pro-"two-party system" arguments have persuaded many voters into choosing one of these two parties in the election.
STOP RISKING WORKERS LIVES
Why is karoshi increasing so fast? The work environment is worsening as corporations seek larger profits through corporate restructuring that forces a smaller number of workers to take up heavier workloads.
Two-party system discards public wishes -- Akahata editorial November 14
* Corporations to give money to 'two major parties' (November 12)
* Koizumi to lead LDP-Komei coalition cabinet (November 13)
* SDP's political course up to its leader Doi's resignation (November 14)
* Right-wing money linked to public safety leader (November 15)
Sending troops to Iraq despite the clear danger? -- Akahata editorial, November 12
* SDF dispatch plan must be fully discussed in the Diet and foiled: JCP Shii (November 13)
War will continue in Iraq unless U.S. forces withdraw -- Akahata editorial, November 18
* SDF family members are agonizing over their loved ones having to go to Iraq (November 18)
JAPAN-U.S. MILITARY ALLIANCE
* Newest U.S. first strike fighters deployed to Atsugi (November 14)
* Japanese SDF and U.S. forces hold large joint exercises (November 17)
* High school students discuss peace (November 17)
* Peace activists take to the streets to call for opposition to Japanese troop dispatch to Iraq (November 17)
* Peace loving singers unite at Nagano song festival (November 17)
* Hibakusha take action to be recognized as having A-bomb-related illnesses (November 13)
* Government to dismiss national hospital non-regular staff (November 12)
Stop risking the lives of workers -- Akahata editorial, November 13 (excerpts)
* Judge says Nestle Japan's worker transfer orders are invalid (November 15)
* HL&W Ministry proposes major adverse changes in pension system (November 18)
* JCP leaders hold talks with China's vice foreign minister (November 15)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.