Military occupation must end now -- Akahata editorial, December 16
2003 DECEMBER 10 - DECEMBER 16 NEWS
MILITARY OCCUPATION MUST END NOW
Although former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein was captured by U.S. forces, a cycle of people's hatred of the occupation forces and violence is increasing.
CANCEL PLAN FOR SDF DISPATCH
JCP Chair Shii Kazuo warns that if Japan militarily assists in the illegal occupation, which is the cause of the worsening situation, it will exacerbate the present problem.
HAVE SMITHONIAN MUSEUM DESCRIBE REALITY OF A-BOMB DAMAGE
Japanese atomic-bomb survivors in Washington requested that the National Air and Space Museum's planned exhibit of the Enola Gay bear a label describing the damage caused by the A-bombing and the agony of the Hibakusha.
Saddam Hussein captured
'Basic Plan' for SDF
* Cancel plan for SDF dispatch: Shii (December 10)
* SDF dispatch plan goes against the Constitution and international law -- JCP chair to prime minister (December 10)
* SDF units may carry U.S. material and personnel: Koizumi (December 16)
Troop dispatch to Iraq is incompatible with peace in Asia -- Akahata editorial, December 13
* Reactions from unions and peace organizations (December 10)
* 7,000 people rally to stop SDF dispatch to Iraq (December 11)
* JCP takes to the streets to protest against SDF dispatch (December 15)
* Local papers criticize Koizumi's decision (December 11)
* Media completely disregard mass rally against SDF dispatch to Iraq -- Akahata 'Media Watch' column , December 12
* Cabinet spokesman raps anti-SDF dispatch sentiment (December 13)
* Citizens' tribunal convicts Bush (December 16)
* Local labor commission orders Kawasaki Heavy Industries to end discrimination (December 11)
* Court rules JAL's arbitrary change in flight hours for crew is invalid (December 12)
* Women workers fight against discrimination (December 12)
* Dismissed workers of failed company win a victorious settlement (December 15)
* Government asked Toyota to set tests for national license for car mechanics (December 15)
* Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra will restructure musicians (December 16)
* Have Smithonian museum describe reality of A-bomb damage (December 15)
* DYLJ approves draft resolution (December 13)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.