2003 DECEMBER 17 - DECEMBER 23 NEWS
PRIME MINISTER APPROVES DETAILS FOR SDF DEPLOYMENT TO IRAQ
If the Self-Defense Forces are sent to Iraq with the guidelines approved by the prime minister, it will be the first time for Japan to deploy its SDF to combat zones in violation of the Constitution.
MISSILE DEFENSE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DEFENSE OF JAPAN
The ballistic missile defense system designed to neutralize enemy's missile attacks is the dangerous centerpiece of the U.S. Bush administration's preemptive attack strategy.
A 'BASE WAGE CUTS' OFFENSIVE
Corporate Japan will take a major offensive to wear down labor's annual Spring Struggle for a wage increase and better working conditions.
* SDF may directly support occupational activities: Koizumi (December 17)
* SDF will risk being exposed to radioactivity in Iraq (December 17)
* Prime minister approves details for SDF deployment to Iraq (December 19)
* Japanese and South Korean public organizations issue a joint statement in opposition to troop dispatch to Iraq (December 19)
* How many victims do you want to see before admitting your mistake, Mr. Prime Minister? (December 22)
* 201 local assemblies adopt notes against SDF dispatch to Iraq (December 22)
* Government to review arms export ban (December 19)
* Government decides to build a 'missile defense' system (December 20)
* Retract plan to introduce missile defense system: JCP (December 20)
Dare to go against the world with BMD system? -- Akahata editorial, December 23
* Business circles buy political favors with 4 billion yen in donation (December 17)
* Government and ruling parties agree to continue wasteful expressway construction (December 23)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.