2003 DECEMBER 24 - 2004 JANUARY 6 NEWS
MAKE A FRESH START TOWARD BUILDING A BIG JCP AND PREPARE FOR UPPER HOUSE ELECTION
Japanese Communist Party Chair Shii Kazuo used the 2004 JCP New Year Assembly to call for a fresh start of the campaign to secure JCP victory in the House of Councilors election.
DEFENSE AGENCY URGES MUNITIONS COMPANIES TO SEND TECHNICIANS TO IRAQ
Concerns and anxiety are growing among employees who are going to be dispatched to 'combat zones'.
FY 2004 BUDGET SHOWS KOIZUMI'S 'REFORM' TO BE FALSE
It is a budget that is based on the policy of shifting more burden onto the people and cutting benefits for many years to come.
* Komei Party chief paves way for SDF dispatch to Iraq (December 24)
* Don't shed Japanese youth blood for the U.S. - Shii at Narashino rally (december 25)
* Koizumi encourages Air SDF advance team going to Iraq (December 25)
* DA urges munitions companies to send technicians to Iraq with SDF (December 26)
* Public figures oppose SDF dispatch to Iraq (December 26)
* JBF urges its members to resume political donations (December 24)
* Plan for new nuclear power plant given up (December 25)
* Mad cow found in U.S., Japan stops importing U.S. beef (December 25)
2004 government draft budget shows Koizumi's 'reform' to be false -- Akahata editorial, December 25
Let's make a spurt for building a big party with eye to Upper House election (January 6, 2004)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.