2004 MARCH 17 - MARCH 23 NEWS
GIVE WAY TO U.N.-LED IRAQ RECONSTRUCTION
JCP Chair Shii Kazuo called for an immediate end to the U.S.-led military occupation of Iraq and for a U.N.-led framework to be established to help reconstruct Iraq and return sovereign rights to the Iraqi people.
370,000 WORKERS IN CONCERTED ACTION DEMAND WAGE INCREASE
On March 18, about 370,000 workers in all 47 prefectures carried out strikes, rallies, demonstrations, and representations to companies, calling for a wage increase for all workers including those under unstable employment conditions.
MAJOR HEAVY MACHINERY MAKER APOLOGIZES FOR DISCRIMINATION AGAINST JCP MEMBERS
Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co. (IHI) has apologized for its 40 year-discrimination against Japanese Communist Party members based on its secret "ZC (zero communists) plan list."
HANDS OFF IRAQ!
* JCP Shii: End U.S.-led occupation and give way to U.N.-led reconstruction (March 22)
* Let's file a lawsuit every day until all SDF personnel return from Iraq (March 18)
* 'No to U.S.-led war of aggression against Iraq and SDF dispatch' -- Peace rallies and marches (March 22)
* High school students hold nationwide peace rally (March 22)
* JCP Daimon criticizes government for supporting young labor-consuming corporations (March 17)
* Major car and electronics makers propose no base wage increase (March 18)
* 370,000 workers in concerted action demand wage increase (March 19)
* Japan airlines union wins a suit (March 22)
* IHI apologizes for discrimination against JCP-belonged employees (March 23)
* Anti-communist labor control goes bust (March 24)
* Let Kawasaki Heavy Industry Co. obey labor relations commission's orders (March 23)
* Supreme Court OKs savings from social aid for school expenses (March 17)
* JCP advice bears fruit in government steps to compensate poultry farmers (March 17)
* JCP calls for animal disease control law to be revised (March 18)
MATTER OF CONSCIENCE
* Teachers criticize Tokyo governor for pressuring to sing 'Kimigayo' (March 18)
Revision of SOFA is a pressing national demand -- Akahata editorial, March 23
NUCLEAR WEAPONS ABOLITION
* 29th anniversary of non-nuclear 'Kobe Formula' (March 19)
* JCP Ichida talks with Vietnam's National Assembly vice chair (March 19)
* Hungarian WP delegation visits Hiroshima, talks with JCP Dietmembers (March 19)
* JCP CC Chair Fuwa meets Hungarian Workers Party President Thurmer (March 22)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.