2004 MARCH 24 - MARCH 30 NEWS
WORST EXPRESSION OF U.S. BUSH DOCTRINE
JCP Chair Shii Kazuo said that the assassination by Israel of Palestine Hamas leader Yassin was the worst expression of the U.S. Bush doctrine of "war against terrorism".
ACSA ENABLES SDF TO HELP IN U.S. WARS IN THE NAME OF INTERNATIONAL PEACE
The proposal to adversely revise the ACSA will allow the SDF to provide the U.S. forces with munition from the stage that armed attack is predicted.
JCP STEPS UP PARTY BUILDING FOR VICTORY IN UPPER HOUSE POLL
The JCP held an exchange gathering to step up activities to increase the Akahata readership by 30 percent and build a 500,000-strong party.
* Constitutional revision is aimed at cooperating in U.S. wars: JCP lawmaker (March 24)
'Hinomaru' and 'Kimigayo'
It's a question of conscience -- Akahata 'Current' column, March 23
* Teachers protest against punishment over 'Hinomaru' and 'Kimigayo' (March 30)
* Documents show preparations are under way for new U.S. base in Okinawa (March 26)
ACSA enables SDF to help in U.S. wars in the name of international peace -- Akahata editorial, March 28
* U.S. forces night flight frightens Hiroshima citizens (March 30)
* JCP Shii talks about Iraqi matters in TV interview (March 26)
* Israeli assassination of Hamas leader is worst expression of U.S. Bush doctrine (March 26)
* Diet enacts new budget destroying living conditions, economy, and constitution (March 27)
* JCP proposes free medical care for all preschool children (March 24)
* 300 pensioners sit-in to defend pension system (March 24)
* Disabled people win suit over payment of disability pension (March 25)
* LDP and DPJ have an excise-tax rise in mind (March 29)
* 1,507 municipalities oppose pension cuts (March 30)
* Mitsubishi Fuso will recall 110,000 trucks (March 25)
* JMIU strikes to win wage increase (March 26)
* Major electronics parts maker promises an end to discrimination against union members (March 27)
* Japan's largest steel maker loses discrimination suit to JCP members (March 30)
* Akahata on sovereignty over the Senkaku Islands (March 25)
* Court finds state and firm guilty of wartime forced labor (March 27)
* Prime Minister Koizumi treats Class-A war criminals as heroes (March 29)
* JCP steps up party building efforts for victory in Upper House poll (March 27)
* All of JCP candidates elected in Akita and Fukushima's local elections (March 30)
* JCP sends message to Mexican Party of Democratic Revolution
* Message to the 14th Congress of the Popular Socialist Party of Brazil
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.