2004 APRIL 7 - APRIL 13 NEWS
SUMMON UP COURAGE TO WITHDRAW SDF FROM IRAQ
Speaking on the hostage-taking incident in Iraq, JCP Central Committee Chair Fuwa Tetsuzo said: "Don't lose lives for Japan's cooperation in the Iraq occupation; Withdraw the Self-Defense Forces from Iraq."
KOIZUMI'S FOLLY OF INSISTING ON MAKING YASUKUNI VISITS
If he really does not know why his Yasukuni Shrine visits are unconstitutional, he should follow the dictate of common sense before deciding on what to do next.
FLEX-TIME PLUS RESULTS-BASED SYSTEM EQUALS OVERWORK
At IBM Japan, which has introduced a new work system that forces its workers to endure long hours of work and excessive workloads, workers are obliged to refrain from claiming their actual hours of work for fear that their performance will be evaluated low.
HOSTAGE-TAKING IN IRAQ
* Three Japanese civilians held hostage in Iraq (April 9)
* Summon up courage to make decision to withdraw SDF from Iraq
* JCP Chair Shii calls on Prime Minister Koizumi to decide on immediate SDF withdrawal (April 10)
* Government's justification of SDF dispatch delays freeing hostages in Iraq: JCP lawmaker (April 13)
* 4,000 call on SDF to come home from Iraq (April 10)
* Don't forsake three hostages (April 12)
* JCP strives for release of hostages (April 13)
* Court rules Koizumi's visit to Yasukuni Shrine is unconstitutional (April 8)
* JCP Shii supports ruling and calls for no more Yasukuni visits by prime minister (April 8)
Prime Minister Koizumi's folly of insisting on making Yasukuni visits -- Akahata editorial, April 9
What is Yasukuni Shrine?
* Okinawa allows boring in dugong's habitat (April 8)
* Drunken U.S. soldier arrested for stealing fishing boat (April 13)
NUCLEAR WEAPONS ABOLITION
* 200th 'nuclear-free march' held in Akita (April 7)
* Government appeals against Hibakusha-favored court ruling (April 13)
* Government rejects responsibility for unpensioned disabled students (April 7)
* DPJ calls for an 8% consumption tax (April 8)
* Flex-time plus results-based system equals overwork in IBM Japan (April 7)
* Symposium calls for fair trade and sovereign rights over food (April 13)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.