2004 APRIL 14 - APRIL 20 NEWS
DO NOT CONDONE LAWLESSNESS OF U.S. FORCES IN FALLUJAH
JCP Chair Shii Kazuo used his question-time in parliament to urge Prime Minister Koizumi Jun'ichiro to state clearly that the act of war in disregard of international humanitarian law must not be condoned.
INDUSTRIAL MINIMUM WAGE SYSTEM MUST NOT BE ABOLISHED
Today when low-paying jobs are rapidly increasing, the minimum wage system has an increasing role to play in working as a brake on a wage cut race and guaranteeing minimum wages.
PUT AN END TO PLUTHERMAL PROGRAM
Pointing out that most of the major western countries have given up plutonium recycling systems because of high costs and technological problems, Akahata editorially calls on the government to stop the pluthermal plan.
Stop killing in Fallujah
* JCP Shii urges Prime Minister Koizumi to protest against U.S. massacre in Fallujah (April 15)
* JCP in Diet demands government urge U.S. to end mopping-up operations in Fallujah (April 16)
* Continued SDF deployment contradicts efforts to save hostages in Iraq (April 14)
* Doctors back lawsuit calling for withdrawal of SDF (April 17)
* Japan's subservience to the U.S. called into question: JCP Ichida (April 20)
* Japanese bar associations calls for SDF withdrawal from Iraq (April 20)
Release of hostages
* JCP Shii comments on release of 3 Japanese hostages (April 16)
* Two more Japanese missing in Iraq found (April 19)
Give weight to lives of five Japanese as well as Iraqis -- Akahata editorial, April 18
* Don't put lives on the back burner! (April 14)
Prime minister's dangerously provocative remarks -- Akahata 'Current' column, April 14
* JCP opposes bills to mobilize the public for U.S. wars (April 14)
* Don't allow U.S. to use Yokosuka as homeport for nuclear-powered aircraft carrier: JCP (April 15)
* Dental lobby chief arrested for bribery (April 16)
* 1 million people act to block revision of pension system (April 16)
Privatized postal services will do only harm to people -- Akahata editorial, April 15 (excerpts)
* 3,000 supporters call for 1,047 dismissed rail workers to be reinstated (April 15)
* 2004 Spring struggle wins 5,976 yen wage increase (April 17)
Industrial minimum wage system must not be abolished -- Akahata editorial, April 19 (excerpts)
Dangerous pluthermal energy policy should be withdrawn -- Akahata editorial, April 20
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.