|2004 JUNE 2 - JUNE 8 NEWS
WILL SDF BE SUPPORTING U.S. AGGRESSORS BY PARTICIPATING IN MULTINATIONAL FORCE?
If the SDF participate in a multinational force and support U.S. wars abroad, it will be a more flagrant violation of the Constitution and even deviate from the principle of "self-defense".
LDP IS SCHEMING TO GET CONSTITUTION COMPLETELY REWRITTEN
An LDP panel has put forward points to be included in an LDP draft of the Constitution,which is completely undemocratic, regarding the people not as the sovereign but subordinates to be controlled by the government.
JCP PUBLISHES ELECTION POLICIES
The JCP published House of Councilors election policies to correct political distortions caused by the ruling parties dancing to the tune of large corporations and the United States.
* SDF participation in multinational force is constitutional: cabinet director (June 2)
Will SDF be supporting U.S. aggression by participating inmultinational force? -- Akahata editorial, June 2
Contingency bills violate Constitution and even Japan-U.S. Security Treaty -- Akahata editorial, June 5
* LDP panel sets out main constitutional revisions (June 5)
LDP is scheming to get Constitution completely rewritten -- Akahata editorial, June 8
* Japan Peace Committee holds annual convention (June 8)
* Ruling parties cut discussion short to railroad bill through Upper House (June 4)
* LDP and Komei ram through pension bill (June 7)
* Pension cut bill will be judged in Upper House poll (June 7)
* Road public corporations privatized (June 3)
* Government fiscal plan proposes social welfare cut and consumption tax rate increase (June 4)
'Reform' slogan can no longer cover up wrong economic policy -- Akahata editorial, June 4
Increase in unstable jobs is no feat to boast of -- Akahata editorial, June 7
* 10.5 billion-yen facilities completed for U.S. Marines in mainland Japan (June 8)
NUCLEAR WEAPONS ABOLITION
* Gensuikyo calls for preparation of anti-nuclear conference to be strengthened (June 5)
* Chronic asthma patient pleads with environment minister for an end to air pollution (June 2)
* Relief of pollution victims also a corporate responsibility: victims (June 3)
* JCP releases election policies (June 3)
* Okinawa election result (June 8)
* JCP Fuwa and Ichida hold talks with Tunisian foreign minister (June 3)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.