2004 JULY 14 - JULY 20 NEWS
U.S. AND BRITISH REPORTS SHOW IRAQ WAR TO BE LAWLESS
Eating out of Bush's hand, Prime Minister Koizumi Jun'ichiro asserted that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and kept supporting the war, putting Japan in the position of accomplice to the aggression.
REALIGNMENT OF U.S. FORCES IN JAPAN WILL HELP IN U.S. PREEMPTIVE ATTACKS ABROAD
The United States reportedly has tabled plans to integrate the Guam-based U.S. Air Force Command at the U.S. Yokota Air Base in Tokyo, to relocate the U.S. 1st Army Corps command to Zama Base in Kanagawa, and relocate the Atsugi-based carrier-borne aircraft forces to Iwakuni in Yamaguchi.
JCP'S 82-YEAR HISTORY OF UNDAUNTED STRUGGLE AND PERSPECTIVE FOR FUTURE
Prewar "two major parties" regarded the emperor regime as forever unchangeable, but it turned out to be completely incorrect. So long as Japan's politics and society full of contradictions go on damaging public interests, the people can change such a society after all.
U.S. and British reports show Iraq War to be lawless -- Akahata editorial, July 16
* International war crime tribunal accuses U.S. and Britain (July 20)
* Guam-based 13th air force command to be integrated into USAF Yokota (July 16)
Realignment of U.S. forces in Japan will help in U.S. preemptive attacks abroad -- Akahata editorial, July 18
* Local opposition arises against NLP relocation from Atsugi to Iwakuni (July 20)
* Ginowan Mayor demands closure of Futenma base (July 20)
* Retract 'revised' pension law and restart discussions: JCP Ichida (July 17)
* Airport ground service company agrees to pay settlement money to union (July 17)
* Politicians stained with dark money (july 20)
ABOLISH NUCLEAR WEAPONS
* Step up preparations for World Conference (July 15)
* The 2004 World Conference against A & H Bombs schedule & programs (Provisional)
UPPER HOUSE ELECTION
* JCP on Upper House election results (July 14)
* Most new LDP, Komei and DPJ lawmakers support tax increase (July 17)
JCP's 82-year history of undaunted struggle and great perspective for future -- Akahata editorial, July 15
* JCP international relations (July 16)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.