2004 SEPTEMBER 1 - SEPTEMBER 7 NEWS
QUEST FOR AN ASIA AND WORLD WITHOUT WAR
At the 3rd International Conference of Asian Political Parties in Beijing, JCP CC Chair Fuwa Testuzo called on Asian political parties to take the initiative to work for achieving an "Asia and world without war".
LIFE-THREATENING U.S. BASES MUST GO
To defend Okinawans' lives and properties, the government must demand that the U.S. forces halt flights over populated areas and give up the Futenma base.
STOP THE STRESSFUL WAY WORKERS ARE FORCED TO WORK!
A government report shows that 58% of Japanese companies answered mental illness is on the increase, as compared to the 49% in the previous survey.
ASIAN POLITICAL PARTIES
* JCP CC Chair Fuwa at 3rd ICAPP calls on Asian political parties to take the initiative to work for a world without war
* Fuwa says ICAPP was fruitful
* JCP CC Chair Fuwa talks with China's Vice President Zeng
* (Text) JCP CC Chair Fuwa's speech at ICAPP (Fuwa)
* (Text) Beijing Declaration 2004
Okada's 'Vision' of 'peace' and 'tax' called into question -- Akahata editorial, September 2
* Defense Agency seeks budget increase with the aim of combining three self-defense forces for overseas missions
Don't use tax money to host U.S. military bases in Japan -- Akahata editorial, September 7
Life-threatening U.S. bases must go -- Akahata editorial, September 3
* Residents express anger at boring survey for constructing U.S. base
* Eight deans in Okinawa call for no more flights from U.S. Marines Futenma base
* Protests against U.S. Futenma Base increase
* IHI employees in nominal managerial positions to be paid for overtime work
Stop the stressful way workers are forced to work! -- Akahata editorial, September 5
* Government panel decides to exempt young cattle from BSE testing
* Teachers in court defend right to conscience
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.