KOIZUMI CANNOT SHOW EVIDENCE TO JUSTIFY HIS SUPPORT OF IRAQ WAR
The prime minister is unable to prove the correctness of his decision to support the Iraq War based on the allegation that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, revealing that he lied to the public in deploying the Self-Defense Forces to Iraq.
LDP PROPOSES SETTING UP PERMANENT COMMITTEES TO DISCUSS CONSTITUTIONAL REVISION
Japanese Communist Party representative Yamaguchi Tomio opposed the LDP proposal on the grounds that all parliamentary committee discussions are devoted to making constitutional principles prevail.
AKAHATA REPORTER SPEAKS AT BEIJING SYMPOSIUM
Akahata reporter in Beijing, Kotera Matsuo,spoke on the activities of Akahata at a panel discussion on East Asia's 'peaceful development and security.'
* Koizumi cannot show evidence to justify his support of Iraq War (October 15)
* JCP Chair Shii demands a ban on political donations from companies (October 15)
* JCP Shii: 3.3 trillion yen tax increase on working people will be disastrous (October 19)
* LDP proposes setting up permanent committees on constitutional revision (October 15)
* JCP barred from taking the Upper House floor (October 16)
* Stop flying over residential areas: Ginowan mayor (October 14)
* Ginowan City protests resumption of U.S. military flights (October 15)
* U.S. military employee arrested for raping woman in Okinawa (October 16)
* U.S. bases are incompatible with residents' human rights -- JCP in Okinawa (October 19)
* Calling for 'No U.S. bases,' Takasato runs in Naha mayoral election (October 18)
* Two mayors oppose enlargement of U.S. military base in their cities (October 14)
* City opposes U.S. Marines relocation to their cities (October 15)
* Zama City Assembly opposes reinforcement of U.S. Camp Zama (October 19)
NUCLEAR WEAPONS ABOLITION
* UNGA First Committee chair commends Gensuikyo's call for nuclear weapons abolition (October 12)
* Gensuikyo requests U.N. member states to make efforts for nuclear-free world (October 13)
* Gensuikyo reports on anti-nuclear signature collection campaign at international NGO meeting (October 13)
* Gensuikyo in New York calls on Britain and Malaysia to support nuclear weapons abolition (October 14)
* Gensuikyo in U.S. calls for solidarity with peace movement (October 14)
* Japan Gensuikyo discusses nuclear weapons abolition with ambassadors and Japan's government official (October 13)
* Gensuikyo urges nuclear weapon states to abandon arsenals (October 14)
* Workers pressure company to comply with promise to end discrimination (October 14)
* Nomura Securities women workers settle suit over gender discrimination (October 19)
* Supreme Court blames governments for neglect: Minamata disease (October 16)
For whom does the government want to ease BSE-test guidelines? -- Akahata editorial, October 19 (excerpt)
Akahata reporter speaks at Beijing symposium (October 18)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.