2004 OCTOBER 20 - OCTOBER 26 NEWS
PEOPLE CANNOT LIVE WITH WARTIME U.S. FUTENMA BASE
Asked to comment on an Okinawan newspaper editorial stating that U.S. forces are always operating for war and cannot co-exist with Okinawan residents living in peace, Prime Minister Koizumi said, "That's true."
HOW LONG WILL HE GLOSS OVER JAPAN'S WAR RESPONSIBILITY?
Prime Minister Koizumi Jun'ichiro in parliament rejected the demand that he stop visiting Yasukuni Shrine, stating , "I know that China isn't pleased, but there is nothing wrong with honoring the war dead. Must Japan act upon every 'yes' or 'no' response from China?".
JCP REPRESENTATIVE ATTENDS BEIJING SEMINAR ON SOCIALISM IN 21ST CENTURY
In his speech entitled, "Conditions and possibilities for socialist change in the 21st century," he stressed that building a socialist country through a market economy will be a significant current in the 21st century.
* 'Helicopter crash shows how extraordinary Japan's subordination to the U.S. is': JCP Ichida (3)
Gearing up for combat readiness abroad -- Akahata editorial, October 21
People cannot live with wartime U.S. Futenma Base -- Akahata editorial, October 26
* JCP sets up a disaster relief task force (7)
* JCP calls for relief aid and volunteers for quake victims (8)
* JCP team discusses relief measures with Niigata Prefecture vice governor (9)
* JCP strives to help reconstruct typhoon-hit area (10)
* JCP reveals new evidence of illegal donations to LDP members (10)
How long will Japan be equivocating its war responsibility? -- Akahata editorial, October 23
* JCP: People want all beef cattle BSE-tested (13)
* 'Close U.S. Futenma Base! Defend Article 9!': October 21 rallies (14)
* Hibakusha to start major anti-nuclear activities (15)
It is corporate social responsibility to eliminate discrimination in the workplace -- Akahata editorial, October 20
* Nestle union protests against harassment of union members (17)
* 'Structural reform' makes 'NEET' (18)
* NEET population will hit 1 million in 2015 (19)
Temporary workers require equitable treatment -- Akahata editorial, October 24
* Shii greets Finnish president (21)
* JCP representative attends Beijing seminar on socialism in 21st century (21)
* Osaka Akahata Festival attracts 18,000 people (22)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.