JCP CALLS FOR URGENT NIIGATA QUAKE VICTIMS RELIEF MEASURES
The JCP leaders visiting Niigata called for urgent measures to help ensure minimum living conditions for the evacuees and extend public financial assistance in housing reconstruction.
BUSH'S REELECTION MUST NOT BE USED TO GLOSS OVER THE ILLEGAL WAR
It is important to note that the U.S. election campaign has shown a major division in the people's judgment over the United States starting the war against Iraq.
DON'T ALLOW PARENT FIRMS TO BULLY SUBCONTRACTORS
It is essential to systematically carry out on-site inspections by administrative authorities and to increase the number of inspectors as well as strengthened penalties.
* JCP Shii on U.S. presidential election result (November 4)
How does Bush's reelection affect Iraq and the world? -- Akahata editorial, November 5 (excerpts)
* Iraq war encourages terrorist activities in Iraq: JCP Diet members (November 4)
* Under state of emergency, there cannot be non-combat zone: JCP Ichida (November 9)
* Okinawa-based U.S. Marines joining attacks on Fallujah (November 9)
* Japan Gensuikyo protests against U.S. military action in Fallujah (November 9)
Acceptance of US 1st Army Corps even contradicts Japan-U.S. Security Treaty -- Akahata editorial, November 2
* Ginowan City sends statement to U.S. calling for removal of Futenma base (November 5)
* Ginowan mayor's request for closure of U.S. Marine Corps base in Okinawa (November 9)
* Okinawa governor calls for early construction of new U.S. base (November 9)
* JCP Shii & Ichida visit quake-hit area (November 5)
* JCP calls for urgent Niigata quake victims relief measures (November 6)
* JCP brings 50,000 leaflets on public relief systems to Niigata (November 8)
* Rallies held calling for defense of pacifist Constitution (November 4)
* Medical Article 9 Association founded (November 6)
* Influence-peddling politician Suzuki given 2 year prison term (November 6)
Don't allow parent firms to bully subcontractors -- Akahata editorial, November 8 (abridged)
* 1.24 million signatures calling for defense of Fundamental Law of Education collected (November 5)
* Foil adverse revision of education law: 5,500 citizens rally (November 8)
* JCP-backed mayoral candidate calls for Oinawa without U.S. bases (November 8)
* JCP leaders talk with Indian parliamentarian delegation (November 4)
* 20,000 people attend JCP Kyoto Festival (November 9)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.