2004 NOVEMBER 10 - NOVEMBER 16 NEWS
JCP SHII: U.S. MUST IMMEDIATELY STOP THE KILLING IN FALLUJAH
JCP Chair Shii Kazuo demanded that the U.S. immediately halt the indiscriminate attack on Iraq's Fallujah and that Japan consider withdrawing the SDF from Iraq.
SDF TO ESTABLISH JOINT STAFF OFFICE TO BE READY FOR OVERSEAS COMBAT
Work to prepare SDF for full-fledged combat abroad has reached a serious stage with SDF taking part in the U.S.-led multinational force in Iraq.
ANTI-SOKA GAKKAI JOURNALIST'S CALL LOG STOLEN BY SOKA UNIV. GRADUATE
The crime was impossible without an organized search that chose the three phones for the accused to steal the call logs, and the question now is if the prosecutors can actually reveal the whole picture of this organized crime.
U.S. attack on Fallujah
* JCP Shii: U.S. must immediately stop the killing in Fallujah (November 10)
* Inhumane war crime: JCP Shii on U.S. indiscriminate attack on Fallujah (November 11)
* Protests rise against U.S. attack on Fallujah (November 11)
* Defense chief says he can't explain specific cases that would require SDF withdrawal from Iraq (November 11)
Bring SDF home immediately from Iraq -- Akahata editorial, November 12
* Three opposition parties call for SDF Iraq dispatch law to be abolished (November 12)
* Opposition Dietmembers in public assembly call for withdrawal of Self-Defense Forces from Iraq (November 16)
SDF to establish Joint Staff Office to be ready for overseas combat -- Akahata editorial, November 16
FOREIGN SUBMARINE AFFAIR
* JCP issues statement on foreign sub's intrusion into Japanese waters (November 15)
* Government officials return from talks with North Korea on Japanese abductees (November 16)
* Minister suggests using state funds in rebuilding quake-hit houses (November 10)
* JCP donates 100 million yen to disaster-hit areas (November 11)
* Diet must hurry into relieving quake victims: opposition parties (November 12)
* Tokyo government to make original support for eruption-hit Miyake islanders (November 13)
Government should ease burdens of low-income elderly care receivers -- Akahata editorial, November 15 (Abridged)
Give up nuclear fuel cycle -- Akahata editorial, November 10
* Anti-Soka Gakkai journalist's telephone found to be spied on by Soka University graduate (November 12)
* Seamen's union holds conference (November 13)
* Japanese antinuclear group visits New Zealand pacifists (November 13)
* Another JCP town mayor elected in Fukushima (November 15)
* Anti-base candidate puts up good fight in mayoral election for Naha City (November 15)
* JCP CC Chair Fuwa expresses condolences on Arafat's death (November 12)
* Fuwa makes condolence call at Palestine permanent mission (November 12)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.