2005 FEBRUARY 2 - FEBRUARY 8 NEWS
BUSH'S ABUSE OF 'LIBERTY' IN IRAQ
The Iraq War is the worst way of destroying freedom and cannot be justified with the argument that it was necessary for the freedom of the United States.
JCP CHAIR SPEAKS TO 'RETURN NORTHERN TERRITORIES' RALLY
Shii said: It is important that Japan firmly stands for the Japanese people's demand as a cause acceptable to the Russian people and the international community. The 'cause' here is to correct Stalin's violation of the principle of territorial non-expansion.
DON'T IMPOSE FURTHER BURDENS WHEN INCOME IS DECREASING
Japanese Communist Party Chair Shii Kazuo used his questioning at the February 3 House of Representatives Budget Committee meeting, to criticize the Koizumi Cabinet for planning to increase taxes at a time when household incomes are decreasing.
* Don't impose further burdens when income is decreasing: JCP Shii (February 4)
* Small business owners hold rally in opposition to Koizumi's tax increase policy (February 5)
This tax increase plan will hamper the country's economic recovery -- Akahata editorial, February 5
* Government explained the fixed-rate tax cuts as a permanent break (February 8)
Bush's abuse of 'liberty' in Iraq -- Akahata editorial, February 4
Marx and Bush on 'freedom' -- Akahata 'Current' column, February 5
No justification for continued SDF deployment in Iraq -- Akahata editorial, February 3
Arms export ban
* Arms industry pushes for arms embargo to be lifted (February 3)
* U.S. plan to deploy nuclear-powered aircraft carrier to Yokosuka endorsed (February 2)
* Peace groups and labor unions oppose U.S. destroyer's port call (February 8)
NUCLEAR WEAPONS ABOLITION
* Gensuikyo holds national meeting to prepare for 60th anniversary of A-bombings (February 7)
* Prime minister agrees with constitutional right to possess 'self-defense forces' (February 3)
* 1,400 Tokyo citizens hold rally in opposition to adverse revision of basic education law (February 7)
Japan's foreign policy must be based on Asian call for peace -- Akahata editorial, February 2
* Political party representatives give speeches to Northern Territories Day rally (February 8)
* JCP chair speaks to national rally calling for return of 'Northern Territories' (February 8)
* Industrial accidents on the increase in Japan (Part One)
* JCP wins Nagasaki's two single-member constituency elections (February 7)
* JCP Dietmembers discuss local politics with local mayors (February 7)
* JCP-supported mayor elected in Tokyo (February 8)
* Ceremony held for the completion of new JCP head office building (February 2)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.