2005 APRIL 6 - APRIL 12 NEWS
THE ROLE ASIA, AFRICA AND LATIN AMERICA WILL PLAY IN THE 21ST CENTURY
Japanese Communist Party Central Committee Chair Fuwa Tetsuzo spoke on the history, present conditions, and outlook for the future of Asia, Africa, and Latin America at an assembly marking the 50th anniversary of the Asia-Africa Conference (Bandung Conference).
ON ANTI-JAPANESE DEMONSTRATIONS IN CHINA
Japanese Communist Party Secretariat Head Ichida Tadayoshi stressed that Japant must express remorse for the war of aggression and called on China to avoid mixing up past and present questions, and to refrain from resorting to violence.
CONTROVERSIAL HISTORY TEXTBOOK THAT GOES AGAINST TRUTH AND PEACE
The Japan can only create friendly relations with Asia and the rest of the world when it expresses remorse for its war of aggression and its colonial rule of Asia and firmly resolves that it will never repeat the same mistake.
* Public figures associated with mass media found Article 9 Association (April 6, 2005)
LDP's outline for constitutional revision shows its dangerous objective -- Akahata editorial, April 6, 2005
* Demonstration held in protest against referendum bill (April 7, 2005)
* History textbook praising Japanese war of aggression passes screening (April 6, 2005)
Controversial history textbook that goes against truth and peace -- Akahata editorial, April 9, 2005
* JCP Ichida on latest events in China (April 12, 2005)
Dangerous move toward revising SDF Law to make overseas missions SDF's main area -- Akahata editorial, April 10, 2005
* Okinawa's mayor demands removal of U.S. exercise field (April 7, 2005)
With U.S. Marines' aircraft returning to Futenma from Iraq, people are again exposed to danger --- Akahata editorial, April 8, 2005
* Night-shift post office workers to be given back pay for paid leaves (April 8, 2005)
Legislation of new work rules will accelerate corporate restructuring -- Akahata editorial, April 12, 2005 (abridged)
* Toyota subcontractor workers establish union to confront Toyota's wage cuts (April 12, 2005)
* Government accepts court ruling in favor of Hibakusha (April 12, 2005)
3rd CC Plenum
* JCP calls for building national majority against adverse constitutional revision (April 7, 8, 2005)
* JCP to hold next congress in January with increased strength (April 7, 2005)
50th Anniversary of Bandung Conference
* Fuwa speaks on the role of Asia, Africa, and Latin America play in the 21st century (April 11, 2005)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.