2005 JUNE 1 - JUNE 7 NEWS
JCP CHAIR URGES KOIZUMI TO STOP HIS YASUKUNI VISITS
'If the prime minister really wants the public not to take his Yasukuni visit as an expression of his support for Yasukuni Shrine's views, the best way is for him to stop his Yasukuni Shrine visits.'
JCP REPRESENTATIVE AT ASIA-PACIFIC ROUNDTABLE
The JCP representative said, 'Regardless of the result of the NPT Review Conference, the world calls for the abolition of nuclear weapons.'
IT'S TIME TO SHIFT POLICY TO NARROW INCOME GAPS
Inequalities in income are becoming so serious in Japan that it will be reckless to destroy the function of income redistribution.
HISTORY AND YASUKUNI SHRINE
* Shii urges prime minister to stop visiting Yasukuni (June 3, 2005)
* JCP Shii comments on Koizumi's answers (June 3, 2005)
* Right-wing forces attempt to delete 'forced group suicides' during Okinawa battle from history textbooks (June 6, 2005)
* Privatized postal savings will fall into a deficit of 60 billion yen: JCP (June 7, 2005)
* Okinawans say U.S. military bases must go now (June 1, 2005)
* Mayor opposes U.S. Marine unit relocation to Kadena base (June 3, 2005)
* JCP representative calls for anti-nuclear action in Asia-Pacific Roundtable (June 4, 2005)
* Hibakusha discuss ways for their relief with health ministry (June 4, 2005)
Court ruling accepting individuals' choice over resident registry -- Akahata editorial, June 2, 2005
* Court delivers guilty verdict over illegal donation from dentists to former prime minister (June 1, 2005)
* Redirect 0.5 percent of budget and improve Tokyo's welfare services : JCP (June 3, 2005)
* JCP demands undemocratic Governor Ishihara be reprimanded (June 7, 2005)
* Noise pollution caused by U.S. base forced town to collapse (June 7, 2005)
* Rate of non-regular workers reaches new high (June 1, 2005)
* Large corporations had 160,000 disputes with workers in 2004 (June 1, 2005)
* Top court says a medical intern is a paid worker (June 4, 2005)
It's time to shift policy to narrow income gaps -- Akahata editorial, June 6 (excerpt)
* Unpaid overtime at major delivery service partly corrected (June 6, 2005)
* 12,000 supporters resolved to work for major JCP advance in Tokyo's election (June 6, 2005)
* All 8 JCP candidates win in a city election (June 7, 2005)
* JCP Ichida receives Venezuelan ambassador (June 2, 2005)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.