Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. is the only news agency providing information of progressive, democratic movements in Japan
2005 NOVEMBER 2 - NOVEMBER 8 NEWS
REALIGNING U.S. MILITARY IN JAPAN FOR WAR NOT 'DEFENSE'
The Japan -U.S. security panel's document calls for realigning the Japan-U.S. military alliance to establish Japan's preparedness for intervening in international conflicts, which has nothing to do with Japan's defense.
DEMOCRATIC PARTY ECHOES DANGEROUS LDP CALL
The Democratic Party of Japan has finalized its proposal on the Constitution setting out the right of self-defense to get rid of Article 9's paragraph 2 that prohibits Japan from possessing war potential and going to war.
JCP CANDIDATE WINS CITY ASSEMBLY BY-ELECTION
A JCP candidate was elected as a Takamatsu City Assembly member in a by-election in a new one-seat constituency (former Shionoe Town that merged with Takamatsu in September) garnering 53.8% of votes cast.
U.S. MILITARY REALIGNMENT
Realigned Japan-U.S. alliance prepares Japan for war not 'defense' -- Akahata editorial, November 5, 2005
* Hiroshima's municipalities and citizens join hands to stand against strengthening of U.S. Iwakuni base (November 2, 2005)
* Governor and mayor agree on opposition to deployment of U.S. aircraft carrier (November 2, 2005)
* Yokosuka City Assembly unanimously opposes deployment of nuclear aircraft carrier (November 4, 2005)
* Local reactions to U.S. military realignment plans (November 3, 2005)
* Protests continue (November 5, 2005)
* 3,500 citizens stage protest against U.S. Yokota Base (November 6, 2005)
* 90% of Okinawans do not want a new U.S. base (November 7, 2005)
* Okinawa's local district heads say 'No' to new U.S. base plan (November 8, 2005)
* Special Session of the Diet ends (November 2, 2005)
* DPJ echoes dangerous LDP call for constitutional revision (November 2, 2005)
* Popular majority against constitutional revision called for on 59th year of promulgation (November 4, 2005)
* Religious groups study Article 9 and walk for peace (November 7, 2005)
* Large corporations save 929 billion yen in 3-year period using consolidated corporate tax returns (November 8, 2005)
* New Japan Women's Association (Shinfujin) holds its 22nd congress (November 6, 7, 2005)
* JCP candidate wins city assembly by-election (November 7, 8, 2005)
* JCP delivers money for Pakistani quake victims (October 2, 2005)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.