Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. is the only news agency providing information of progressive, democratic movements in Japan
2005 DECEMBER 7 - DECEMBER 13 NEWS
JCP CHAIR URGES PRIME MINISTER TO WITHDRAW SDF FROM IRAQ
JCP Chair Shii Kazuo emphasized that extending the Iraq deployment of SDF troops has no justification and demanded that the government immediately bring them home.
SAFETY MUST BE ASSURED BEFORE LIFTING BAN ON U.S. BEEF
If the government is to regain the public trust in U.S. beef, it should request the U.S. government to conduct blanket testing of all unslaughtered cows for BSE.
JCP AND CPC EXCHANGE VIEWS ON CAPITALISM, SOCIALISM . . .
After the talks JCP Central Committee Chair Fuwa Tetsuzo said "Theoretical work is a long-term undertaking. Let us not be satisfied with this first step and continue our discussions."
WAR OR PEACE
* JCP chair urges prime minister to withdraw SDF from Iraq (December 9, 2005)
* Anti-war events held to mark start of Pacific War (December 9, 2005)
U.S. realignment plan
* Defense official says only Tokyo governor accepted U.S. military realignment plan (December 7, 2005)
* DPJ leader calls for constitutional revision to broaden areas of Japan's responsibility for sea-lanes defense (December 10, 2005)
* DPJ leader outdoes LDP as advocate of constitutional revision: Ichida (December 13, 2005)
* U.S. forces admit responsibility for radio jamming at Haneda Airport (December 10, 2005)
* Anti-war activists found guilty for distributing flyers at SDF personnel apartment complex (December 10, 2005)
* Stop destroying education in Tokyo (December 11, 2005)
* Grassroots struggles to defend Article 9 (December 11, 2005)
NUCLEAR WEAPONS ABOLITION
* Canadian prime minister responds to call for ban on nuclear weapons (December 8, 2005)
* Kobe Port workers' monthly anti-nuclear action enters its 40th year (December 8, 2005)
AGRICULTURE & FOOD SAFETY
* Month-long national campaign for safety of food and defense of agriculture closes (December 7, 2005)
* U.S. beef imports will be resumed (December 13, 2005)
Safety must be assured in order to resume U.S. beef imports -- Akahata editorial, December 13, 2005
* Large companies have amassed 204 trillion yen in reserve (December 7, 2005)
* Zenroren forms headquarters for a new Japan (December 8, 2005)
* Jichiroren discusses ways to organize Spring Struggle (December 10, 2005)
* Action held against 'self-support' law (December 7, 2005)
* Neighborhood-wide efforts needed for safety of community and children (December 11, 2005)
* Falsisified quake resistance data is a product of excessive competition: JCP lawmaker (December 8, 2005)
* Falsification of quake-resistance data stems from privatized inspections: Shii (December 8, 2005)
* High court rules dam construction plan illegal (December 9, 2005)
* JCP calls for Tokyo government's effort to reduce gap between rich and poor (December 9, 2005)
* JCP, CPC delegations hold theoretical discussion (December 7-13, 2005)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.