2007 OCTOBER 24 - OCTOBER 30
42,000 participate in rally calling for poverty eradication, jobs, and defense of the Constitution
JCP Chair Shii in his speech pointed out that the indignation of the public is rising and stressed that to truly satisfy public demands, the framework of the LDP policy must be dismantled.
Suspicions deepen: JCP Ichida calls for ex-top defense bureaucrat to be summoned again for testimony
Former Vice Defense Minister Moriya's testimony revealed that cozy relationships exist between politicians, bureaucrats, and the arms industry and that the government deliberately failed to confirm the amount of oil Japan provided to U.S. warships.
Ex-defense chief Kyuma also entertained by arms dealer
Former Defense Minister Kyuma, while he was the then Defense Agency chief, was entertained by a former executive of Yamada Corp. who also entertained Moriya, the Akahata Sunday edition revealed.
- JCP is capable of pushing for fundamental change: JCP Shii
- 42,000 participate in rally calling for poverty eradication, jobs, and defense of the Constitution
- JCP publishes appeal calling for drastic improvement in minimum wage system
- Government panel's tax increase scenario will devastate Japan's economy - Akahata editorial
- Pro-Yasukuni forces have dominant influence over Education Ministry's history textbook screening policy
- JCP Shii calls for relief for all hepatitis patients
Special measures bill
- Government must stop assisting in retaliatory war: JCP Akamine
- Ex-top defense bureaucrat must be summoned over covering up amount of Japan's fuel given to U.S. ship
- Ex-defense chief Kyuma also entertained by arms dealer
- 13 former defense officials get positions in Yamada Corp.
- 475 ex-defense bureaucrats parachuting into 15 major arms firms
- Ex-defense top Moriya summoned as a sworn witness
- Suspicions deepen: JCP Ichida calls for ex-top defense bureaucrat to be summoned again for testimony
- Ginowan City Mayor asks for JCP efforts in removing U.S. Futenma base
- U.S. urged Japan to construct 214-meter pier and CALA at new base planned in Okinawa
- JCP member candidate puts up good fight in Higashiosaka City mayoral election