JCP Shii calls for cozy relations between politicians, military, and business sector to be fully investigated
Moriya's testimony has not only brought to light cozy relations between the three, but also raised questions about the U.S. arms industry's involvement, Shii pointed out.
On Japan-U.S. summit talks: JCP Shii
Shii stated, "The prime minister, under strong pressure from the U.S., promised the early enactment of the bill to resume MSDF refueling mission, thus putting on display the deep subservience of the Japanese government to the U.S."
Kakushinkon holds annual national exchange meeting with largest number of participants ever
"Under the single-seat constituency system, the general public is forced to choose between the 'two major parties,' and the range of discussions is limited. Whether such a system should continue is now called into question," Shii said.
- Yamada Corp. won more defense contracts as Moriya rose in rank
- Former vice defense minister names 2 former defense chiefs entertained by defense contractor
- JCP Shii calls for cozy relations between politicians, military, and business sector to be fully investigated
- Scandal-tainted arms dealers seek gains from U.S. military realignment projects
- Former defense chief admits selling his fundraiser tickets to defense contractor
- JCP sets up task force to look into military procurement scandal
JAPAN-U.S. SUMMIT TALKS
- Fukuda pledges to Bush to make 'utmost effort' to resume MSDF refueling mission
- On Japan-U.S. summit talks: JCP Shii
- Japan should take part in Maritime Interdiction Operation: a DPJ Dietmember
- Upper House disapproves government proposal of panel candidates
- Fukuda resigns from pro-constitutional revision parliamentary league
- HEPCO executives gave donations to LDP and Hokkaido governor
- Kakushinkon holds annual national exchange meeting with largest number of participants ever
- Set to work without delay on anti-cluster bomb treaty - Akahata editorial
- Government fiscal panel proposes consumption tax hike
- Government must not lower livelihood protection standards - Akahata editorial
- Immediately improve emergency obstetric care system! - Akahata editorial
- Government panel to call for lifting of a ban on 'mixed-medical services'
- Rally held to demand an end to discrimination against former national railway workers
- Ogata attends Algerian National Day reception
- Ichida visits Bangladesh ambassador to offer sympathy for cyclone damages