Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. is the only news agency providing information of progressive, democratic movements in Japan
2008 JANUARY 16 - JANUARY 22
On the day when the ordinary Diet session convened, Shii said that although the LDP policy framework prioritizing the interests of the U.S. and Japanese business circles has reached a deadlock, the Fukuda government remains unable to formulate policies to overcome it.
"It is important to force the government to dissolve the Lower House for a general election by calling for an end to the policy framework in support of the U.S. and Japanese business circles," Shii said.
Iwakuni's mayoral election is the third opportunity for voters to express their opposition to the planned relocation of a U.S. carrier-borne aircraft unit.
- Iwakuni City's important struggle against U.S. military realignment in Japan - Akahata editorial
- Government must take urgent measures to secure stable postdoctoral positions - Akahata editorial
- Abolish state control over education and improve educational conditions - Akahata editorial
- Spring Struggle focusing on eradication of disparities - Akahata editorial
- Drastic revision of Worker Dispatch Law is essential - Akahata editorial
- Baseball Hall of Fame and war - Akahata 'Current' column
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.