At issue is defense or destruction of the Constitution -- Akahata editorial, October 20
2003 OCTOBER 15 - OCTOBER 21 NEWS
AT ISSUE IS DEFENSE OR DESTRUCTION OF THE CONSTITUTION
Japan faces a choice between two roads: one that will remake Japan into a nation that defends the war-renouncing Article 9 of the Constitution for world peace and the other that will adversely revise it for Japan to constitutionally take part in U.S. wars.
IS DPJ REALLY OPPOSED TO LDP POLITICS?
Business circles had significant influence on the merger between the Democratic Party of Japan and the Liberal Party, which is aimed at establishing a "two-party system".
FIND OUT THE TRUTH OF ABDUCTION FIRST
Resolving the abduction issue should be part of the task of the international community to urge North Korea to solve the problem of its lawless act, instead of limiting it to a bilateral issue between Japan and North Korea.
* JCP Shii criticizes LDP election platform (October 15)
Free tax money for politicians -- Akahata "Current" column, October 9
* Is DPJ really opposed to LDP politics? (October 16, 17)
Investigate suspicions first -- Akahata editorial October 19 (excerpt)
Find out the truth of the abduction issue in order to solve the problem -- Akahata editorial, October 15
* JCP opposes contributing money to support military occupation: JCP Shii (October 16)
IRAQ'S RECONSTRUCTION AND JAPAN
* Dispatching SDF to Iraq must be foiled: JCP Shii (October 18)
* Shii: Japan's support for Iraq must be in endorsing Iraq's wish to govern themselves (October 18)
* Labor and peace organizations stage protest against U.S. forcing Japan to dispatch SDF to Iraq (October 18)
* Don't dispatch SDF to Iraq; Stop Japan-U.S. exercises (October 21)
Support corporate restructuring or defend jobs? -- Akahata editorial, October 17
* Young people raise voices, 'Give us jobs!' (October 20)
* JCP's effort helps engineering company workers get back pay for overtime work (October 21)
* 17 percent of government workers are forced to work 80 hours of overtime a month (Octobr 21)
* Hibakusha call for end of N-weapons at Tokyo's U.S. embassy (October 18)
* (Text) Resolution of the JCP 23rd Congress (draft) (5th installment)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.