2004 MAY 12 - MAY 18 NEWS
GOVERNMENT LIES EXPOSED ABOUT 'RELIABLE' PENSION PROGRAM
The JCP revealed that the government lied about its pension "reform" plan by implying that there would be no increase in the premiums and that the amount of benefits at 50 percent of the average amount of wages be maintained.
WHY SHOULD WHITE COLLAR WORKERS LOSE THEIR OVERTIME PAY?
If the Labor Standards Law is adversely revised to expand overtime rule exemption to include white collars, it will gut the basic rules in the LSL.
OKINAWANS' RESISTANCE IS HOLDING UP NEW U.S. BASE CONSTRUCTION
Residents near the Henoko district of Nago city in Okinawa Prefecture are carrying out sit-ins daily to defend the beautiful sea, rich in life, against a new U.S. military base.
* 'Pension reform' bill rammed through Lower House plenary session
* Government lies exposed about 'reliable' pension program
* Komei executives also failed to pay pension premiums
* Government must follow public opinion and retract faulty pension bill:JCP
* Constitution experts oppose revision of Article 9
* Education minister praises Imperial Rescript on Education
* Photo journalist refuses to accept prize of newspaper uncritical of government's war cooperation
* Unions and peace organizations gather at U.S. embassy in protest against abuse of Iraqis
* Iraq War is wrong: Former Iraq hostages
* Prime minister's North Korea visit should be based on Pyongyang Declaration: JCP
* Mayor calls for early return of U.S. base site
* Okinawans' resistance is holding up anti-ecological new U.S. base construction
* 'Human chain' calls for immediate return of U.S. Futenma base site
* Three Okinawan parties urge governor to retract agreement on boring for new U.S. base
NUCLEAR WEAPONS ABOLITION
* Anti-nuclear signature campaign held by Nagasaki pensioners
* Hidankyo protest at DA chief's remarks: Many survived around ground zero
* Court rules robot maker's dismissal of two part-timers illegal and void
Why should white collar workers lose their overtime pay? -- Akahata editorial, May 16
* Union activists discuss ways to develop movement
* Fuwa meets with CPV theoretical review journal editor
* JCP Ogata meets with Chinese researchers
* JCP sends message to Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia congress
* JCP international Bureau chief Ogata Yasuo talks with Cuban ambassador
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.