Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. is the only news agency providing information of progressive, democratic movements in Japan
2006 AUGUST 30 - SEPTEMBER 5 NEWS
STOP DEPRIVING THE ELDERLY OF NURSING CARE SERVICES: JCP
The JCP published an urgent six-point demand: "No elderly people should be deprived of nursing care services under the adversely revised nursing insurance system."
ABE DECLARES CANDIDACY FOR LDP PRESINDENT
JCP Secretariat Head Ichida said, "Whoever is elected as the LDP president and prime minister, the next government will inevitably further promote the Koizumi's mal-administration."
HIBAKUSHA, HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI MAYORS PROTEST AGAINST U.S. NUCLEAR TEST
In front of the Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Museum 80 people representing eight organizations, including the Hiroshima Council against A and H Bombs and the Hiroshima A- and H-Bomb Sufferers Organization, took part in a sit-in.
- Joint Action Center gearing up movement against constitutional revision (September 3, 2006)
- All three LDP presidential candidates call for constitutional revision (September 1, 2006)
- Chief Cabinet Secretary Abe declares candidacy for LDP president (September 2, 2006)
- In 7 months, JCP wins 349 local assembly seats, LDP 149, Komei 239, DPJ 63 (September 5, 2006)
- Stop depriving the elderly of nursing care services: JCP (August 31, 2006)
- FY 2007 budget request retains public works projects and cuts welfare services (September 1, 2006)
- DA budget request includes U.S. military realignment cost (September 1, 2006)
- U.S. deploys 1st ballistic missile interceptor-equipped Aegis to Yokosuka (August 30, 2006)
- LDP draws up plan for enabling SDF to join in battle operations abroad (August 31, 2006)
- DA requests budget for creating new SDF unit to exclusively engage in overseas operations (September 2, 2006)
- U.S. forces shows up for the first time in quake disaster drill (September 2, 2006)
- Peace organizations and Nagasaki mayor call for canceling of U.S. nuclear testing (August 31, 2006)
- Hibakusha, Hiroshima and Nagasaki mayors protest against U.S. subcritical nuclear test
- Former Chinese sex slaves lose in last district court ruling (August 31, 2006)
- Court orders state and corporations to compensate hepatitis C patients (August 31, 2006)
- Prosecutors appeal against court decision to acquit man distributing political party fliers (September 2, 2006)
- Koizumi politics is to blame for Livedoor scandal: JCP Ichida (September 5, 2006)
- Unionized workers win direct employment over illegally disguised employment (September 2, 2006)
- Labor Ministry acts against illegal corporate activities involving staffing contracts (September 5, 2006)
- Tokyo chosen as Japan's candidate to host 2016 Olympics (August 31, 2006)
- JCP Shii meets with Chinese councilor (August 31, 2006)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.