2003 DECEMBER 3 - DECEMBER 9 NEWS
ACT NOW TO STOP THE DISPATCH OF SELF-DEFENSE FORCES, A HISTORIC OUTRAGE
The Japanese Communist Party Central Committee at its 10th Plenum adopted a statement calling for a national struggle to stop the dispatch of the Self-Defense Forces to Iraq.
DARK SIDE OF TOP NON-BANK MONEY LENDING COMPANY
Takefuji used various backstage tactics in order to get socially recognized, hiring a former Finance Ministry Banking Bureau director as an auditor and a former Metropolitan Police chief as an advisor.
JCP REVIEWS GENERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN AND WORKS OUT STRATEGY FOR 2004 ELECTION
'The JCP held out against the problem of complexity and various difficulties. This is a valuable achievement that will be the basis for future JCP advances,' JCP Chair Shii Kazuo said.
JAPANESE TROOP DEPLOYMENT TO IRAQ
JCP statement: Act now to stop the dispatch of Self-Defense Forces, a historic outrage
* Cabinet approves plan for SDF dispatch to Iraq (December 9)
Should Japan make another bad choice of going to war? -- Akahata editorial, December 8
Dispatching SDF in defiance of public opposition ? -- Akahata editorial, December 9
* Sending SDF to Iraq is unconstitutional: Kunitachi mayor sends statement to PM Koizumi (December 5)
* Opposition to SDF dispatch increases (December 6)
* Don't send SDF to Iraq: actions held throughout Japan (December 8)
* NPO opposes SDF dispatch to Iraq (December 9)
* Tokyo's 66 organizations call for action (December 9)
* Tokyo governor: SDF can kill off terrorists in counterattack (December 4)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.