2004 JULY 21 - JULY 27 NEWS
LET ARTICLE 9 SHINE -- ARTICLE 9 COMMITTEE HOLDS PUBLIC ASSEMBLY
Oda Makoto said, "The Japanese Constitution is a declaration of world peace in the form of a national constitution. Now is the time for us to illuminate it again."
2004 WORLD CONFERENCE MARKS COMMON STRUGGLE FOR N-WEAPONS ABOLITION
Attended by anti-nuclear organizations and government officials together, the 2004 World Conference against A & H Bombs is significant for advancing international cooperation in anti-nuclear movements for peace.
BRING POLITICAL CORRUPTION AND DIRTY MONEY TO LIGHT
Political funds donors and recipients are preying on national politics for their own interests, to the detriment of the people.
JAPAN-U.S. MILITARY ALLIANCE
It's time to break away from these anomalies by ending Japan-U.S. military alliance -- Akahata editorial, July 25
U.S. FORCES IN JAPAN
* Ginowan mayor ends U.S. tour calling for immediate withdrawal of Futenma Base (July23)
* Local cities say no to NLP relocation to their region (July24)
* Business leaders call for lifting arms export ban (July 21)
* Iraqi religious leaders propose dialogues for Iraq's reconstruction (July 27)
2004 World Conference against A & H Bombs marks common struggle for N-abolition -- Akahata editorial July 21
* Calls for constitutional revision to remove Article 9 increase (July 24)
* Let Article 9 shine: Article 9 Committee holds public assembly (July 26)
* Trial held on indicted government employee (July 22)
SCANDAL OVER POLITICAL FUNDS
Bring political corruption and dirty money to light -- Akahata editorial, July 23
* JMIU determines to defend workers' rights (July 21)
* Asia-Pacific trade unions hold discussion in Tokyo (July 27)
* Hospital workers' union struggles to stop measures to undermine medical services (July 27)
* Teachers union holds 21st congress (July 27)
* Teachers and parents meet in protest against a rightist textbook (July 22)
Responsibility of politics for the increase in suicides -- Akahata editorial, July 26 (excerpts)
* JCP strives to help reconstruct rain-affected area (July 22)
* JCP leaders call for systematic grassroots effort to make the party known to the people (July 22)
* JCP Ogata meets with Pakistani ambassador (July 23)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.