Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. is the only news agency providing information of progressive, democratic movements in Japan
2005 AUGUST 31 - SEPTEMBER 6 NEWS
JCP PROPOSES JOINT STRUGGLE TO SCRAP KOIZUMI POSTAL BILLS
"The important point is that all parties in this election, except for the Liberal Democratic and Komei parties, are opposed to the Koizumi postal privatization bills, though differences persist between these parties regarding postal privatization per se" (JCP Chair Shii Kazuo).
STOP DECEIVING THE PUBLIC: SHII ANALYZES POLICY DEBATES
The prime minister gives the public a rosy picture of the postal privatization scheme by falsely placing the blame for his own wrong policies regarding the economy, social services, and foreign relations, on the post office.
ONLY 0.4% OF SCHOOLS WILL USE WAR-GLORIFYING TEXTBOOK
A controversial history textbook that justifies Japan's war of aggression will be used by about 0.4 percent of junior high schools next year, far from the editor's goal of ten percent.
* General election campaign starts (August 31, 2005)
* Shii calls for advance of true opposition party (August 31, 2005)
* Stop deceiving the public: Shii analyzes policy debates (September 2, 2005)
* LDP and DPJ keep silent about Article 9 during campaign (September 4, 2006)
*JCP wins in Kurashiki (September 5 & 6, 2005)
* Shii proposes joint struggle to scrap Koizumi postal bills in post-election Diet (September 6, 2005)
* Shii criticizes LDP's consumption tax increase plan (September 5, 2005)
* Only 0.4% of schools will use war-glorifying textbook (September 2, 2005)
* Unemployment increases (August 31, 2005)
* Union members are beginning to act to ensure railway safety (August 31, 2005)
* JCP proposes outline of a bill to relieve asbestos victims (September 1, 2005)
* Suzuki Motors ordered to compensate JCP member workers (September 6, 2005)
* 4.9 trillion yen military budget for FY 2006 (September 1, 2005)
* Anti-U.S. base human chain surrounds Defense Agency (September 5, 2005)
* 55% want U.S. base out (September 6, 2005)
AKAHATA 'CURRENT' COLUMN
Denounce prime minister's reasoning (August 31, 2005)
Copying U.S. 'revolving door' between business and government (September 3, 2005)
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.