2003 AUGUST 20 - AUGUST 26 NEWS
SEIZE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO ACHIEVE A PEACEFUL AND DIPLOMATIC SOLUTION
It is important for the coming six-way talks to provide a way to a peaceful diplomatic solution to the problem with North Korea without breaking down.
JAPAN-U.S. ALLIANCE IS GEARED TO FIGHTING WAR
The Bush administration's strategy to launch attacks against countries perceived as threats to U.S. interests is forcing Japan to fight wars along with the United States.
ENERGY POLICY NEEDS DRASTIC CHANGE ON SAFETY-FIRST PRINCIPLE
The government must abandon policy of constructing more nuclear power plants and shift to an environmentally-friendly and safety-first energy policy.
Seize this opportunity to achieve a peaceful and diplomatic solution -- Akahata editorial, August 23
Terrorist bombings come out of lawless war -- Akahata editorial, August 21
* Photo journalist's exhibition opens people's eyes to Iraq war (August 25)
* Koizumi urges LDP to draft constitutional amendment by 2005 (August 26)
Moral responsibility of Dietmembers called into question -- Akahata editorial, August 25 (excerpts)
JAPAN-U.S. SECURITY TREATY
* Japan-U.S. alliance is geared to fighting war (August 20)
* I BM workers face corporate attack (August 14)
* JCP leaders take to streets calling for jobs for young people (August 25)
* Online resident registry network begins full operation (August 26)
* Automakers recalled 3 million vehicles in 2001 and 2002 (August 18)
Energy policy needs drastic change on safety-first principle -- Akahata editorial, August 19
Government must keep its word to increase Japan's food self-sufficiency -- Akahata editorial, August 22
* WTO proposal will force agriculture into difficulty (August 26)
* Collective wisdom sought for by small producers and traders (August 26)
* Shii: Revised JCP Program maps out drastic social change (August 20)
* JCP Shii speaks on SDF and emperor system to foreign press corps (August 8)
* JCP announces Lower House candidates (August 22)
Material: Hiroshima & Nagasaki mayors rap U.S. nuclear war policy
* Hiroshima city mayor
* Nagasaki city mayor
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.