SECURE HUMAN RIGHTS OF TEMPORARY WORKERS
The number of people whose work is contracted through temporary staffing agencies is increasing rapidly. Protection of basic labor rights for temporary workers is an urgent task.
AROUSE OPINION TO BLOCK LAWS FOR JAPAN SUPPORTING U.S. WARS
The essence of the proposed contingency-related laws is suppression of citizens' rights, freedoms, and properties, and support for U.S. wars. The outcome of the bills hinges on public opposition.
FIFTY YEARS AFTER BIKINI TRAGEDY
This year's Bikini Day, the 50th anniversary of the tragedy, should become a springboard for developing the movement for a world free of nuclear weapons or wars.
* Shii comments on U.N. secretary general's address to the Diet (February 25)
* Occupation authority describes Japan as an ally (February 26)
* Women workers raise voices against SDF dispatch to Iraq (February 27)
* JCP Shii criticizes seven contingency bills (February 25)
Arouse opinion to block laws for Japan supporting U.S. wars -- Akahata editorial, February 26
* JCP Shii comments on 6-party talks on North Korea's nuclear weapons program (March 1)
* Japan and U.S. sign agreement to supply munitions to USF (February 28)
* 50th Bikini Day observed (March 2)
* Gensuikyo holds Bikini Day rally (March 1)
* Hibakusha testify about Bikini Tragedy (March 1)
* Kochi's efforts to prove illness caused by hydrogen bomb test (March 2)
Secure human rights of temporary workers -- Akahata editorial, February 25
* Court rules wage cut by merit is unfair (February 27)
STOLEN PERSONAL DATA
Firms must be responsible for the safety of personal information -- Akahata editorial, February 27
* Shadow fixer between Soka Gakkai and LDP is former wiretapper of JCP leader (March 1)
* JCP Ichida comments on judgment on AUM leader Matsumoto (February 28)
* Parents oppose 'Hinomaru' 'Kimigayo' instructions given to Tokyo public schools (February 26)
Nonsensical statement: 'Offer your life for your country' -- Akahata editorial, March 1
Copyright (c) Japan Press Service Co., Ltd. All right reserved.